- August 25 – Bear Days, JR’s/SR’s 9am-3pm
- August 26 – Sophomore Orientation, 9am – 11 am; Soph Bear Days 11am-3pm
- August 31 – Orientation for upperclassmen transfers, 9-10am
- September 1 – First Day of School
- September 7 – Club Fair, lunches and tutorial
- September 7&8 – Photo Make Up days
- September 12-16 – Spirit Week!
- September 15 – Fall Pep Assembly (afternoon assembly schedule)
- September 16 – Home football game with dance afterwards (THS students only)
Last year’s math team did an OUTSTANDING JOB! With close to 800 competitors, our little team of 4 students came home with 5 gigantic awards!
Thank you for all of your support and encouragement over the years! Please congratulate incoming sophomores: Laena Tieng and Hitesh Boinpally,
Senior president Rhiana Martin and graduated senior Dylon Maertens!
Maple Valley police are investigating vandalism that occurred late Wednesday or early Thursday at the new Tahoma High School construction site. A window was shattered, fire extinguishers had been discharged, graffiti was sprayed at several locations, and floor sealant was spilled. Damage is estimated at $25,000. The damage is covered by the contractor’s insurance; additional security cameras are being installed. Anyone with information about the vandalism is asked to contact Maple Valley police at (425) 413-5158.
The below link is to a video from Kiro 7 further detailing the incident: http://www.kiro7.com/video/video-vandalism-at-new-tahoma-senior-hs_20160826034608/429967163
Parking passes are sold for $40 per year on a first come, first served basis. No reservations by phone or e-mail will be accepted. We will accept applications in person only. Seniors first, then juniors. Sophomores will be allowed to park in the lower lot only. the gravel area along 240th street, known as the “strip” is free parking. Students are not allowed to park in the Staff, Visitor, or Pool Parking. Handicap parking spaces without the proper tag will be enforced by The King County Sheriff. Passes must be placed on the front window, driver’s side, lower corner.
The Tahoma Tradeshow will be held on June 8th, 6-8pm, in the Tahoma High School Commons. This event is open to the public.
The Tahoma Marketing students will be representing local and national companies, offering free samples and product information. There will be 30 booths for you to browse through and ask questions to the sales representatives.
Here are some of the highlights:
- “Java Java Coffee Fest Tahoma”. This local coffee company will be offering samples.
- Come and try a 100% fruit smoothie from Chilin Dylan’s Smoothie Stand, The Bear Den’s own smoothie stand.
- THS Bear Computers will be at the tradeshow. They will be demonstrating how they refurbish and fix computers. The students will be distributing free computers to parents. Parents will be able to register and receive a free netbook computer.
Some of the other companies that will be represented are:
Mission Cable, Damaged Ear Wrestling Gear, Kirkland Signature, Regal Entertainment Group, BeeKings, Epic Customs, Java Java Coffee Co., Gatorade, CAF Environmental Solutions, Nike, Zetec, Casual Industrees, Umchu, jimmyCASE, Ike & Tash, Saint Laurent, Wheeler Painting, Zucati, Auburn Valley Humane Society, Mercedes Benz.
Hope to see you there!
Pre-order your copy of this years Graduation Ceremony and Senior Highlight Video now. For just $20 you can get either a digital download or DVD! Don’t miss your chance to capture this memory and have it forever.
On June 10th the Tahoma High School Video Production Program will film the ceremony. In the day’s following they will work to create the Digital Download and DVD’s and the finished produced will be distributed by mail/email by June 16th.
Click the link below to go to the order form. When you have submitted the order form you will be given a link to the schools e-funds site to make an electronic payment. If you prefer to order through a paper and pen method then stop by the cashier with $20 in the form of a check or cash and you can handwrite an order form when you make payment.
Questions? Email Mr. Haag at email@example.com.