- Sept 18 – Swim Spirit Spotlight, 3:30
- Sept 18 – Boise State Univ, 10:30 am, Career Center
- Sept 19 – Savannah College of Art and Design, 8:30 am, Room 507
- Sep 23 – School Board AP Scholar Recognition
- Sept 24 – Cross Country Spirit Spotlight
- Sept 25 – Blood Drive
- Sept 30 – Boys Golf Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 2 – Boys Tennis Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 2-3 – Cinderella Project
- Oct 7 – Girls Golf Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 7 – Open House, 6-9 pm
- Oct 9 – Photo retake day, senior photo during APP
- Oct 10-12 – Coronation Set Up weekend
- Oct 13 – Coronation Assembly
- Oct 13-17 – Homecoming Spirit Week
- Oct 16 – Homecoming Pep Assembly
- Oct 16 – Soccer Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 17 – Homecoming Football Game (fireworks at halftime)
- Oct 18 – Homecoming Dance, 8-11pm
The THS PTA is offering FREE DRESSES for homecoming through the Cinderella Project. We will have over 150 dresses available for Tahoma girls to try on and check out in the Mat Room on Thursday, October 2 during all three lunches and briefly after school and after school on Friday, October 3. We also continue to accept donations of clean formal and semi-formal dresses and accessories at the main office. We have many name brand selections ranging from size 2 – 22 — come check it out before you buy your dress for homecoming. For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Homecoming is coming up with the dance at the school on Oct18 from 8 to 11 pm. To prevent the flood of ticket purchases at the last minute, we have adopted a staggered payment plan which is set forth below. Guests must be cleared using the guest permission form which must be completed before buying the ticket. (Guest Form.) The last day to turn in completed guest forms is Oct 15. There will be no sales at the door. All fines must be cleared before you buy tickets! Pictures can be taken before the dance from 4-6:30 at the school or at the dance. Reservations are required for the pre-dance photos but not at the dance. (Picture Prices Form.)
- Sep 29-Oct 3: Early Bird Special, $20 per person
- Oct 6-10: Regular Price $25 per person
- Oct 13-15: $30 per person
- Oct 16-17: $35 per person
Looking to get involved in our school community? Check out these school clubs and activities.
Grab a friend and check out some of these first club meetings:
FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) – Thursday, September 11, 7:45 a.m. Room 408.
Gay-Straight Alliance – THS’s GSA is a club providing a safe space for all Bears. – Wednesday, 9/24 2:45-3:45 in P3
Knit and Crochet Club – Knit and Crochet Club is a social group that practices our knitting and crocheting skills- we are always willing to teach new members! Bring supplies if possible. – Thursday, 9/18 2:45-3:45 in P3
Robotics club – Tuesday, 9/30 after school in room 505
- Math Team – Room 210 on Tuesday, Sept 16 from 3 to 4:30
- Auto Club – SkillsUSA – Exciting opportunities await, join the SkillUSA Tahoma Auto Club! – Thursday, September 11th, 2:45 to 4:15
Speech and Debate – First team meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 9th at 3pm, in room 403 (next to the library)
National Honor Society – Tuesday, Oct. 7, 7:45 AM in Lecture Hall
Be The Change Multicultural Club – Tuesday Sept. 16, 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM, Room 108
Ultimate Frisbee Club – Work on skills and play Ultimate! No experience required. Thursday 9/11, 2:45-3:45. We’ll meet on the Covington Community Park field, across the street from THS.
DECA – Friday, September 12 at 7:45am
Interact Club – Service Club associated with Leadership and Rotary for both in-school and community service. – Sept 23/7:45am/Room 407
Key Club: A club with many fun opportunities for community service, everyone welcome! Blue Wednesdays 7:40 in the Lecture Hall, first meeting 9/24.
- Programming Club - Use (or learn) Computer Science skills to create mobile apps, arduino and raspberry pi projects, interactive websites, and more – Wednesday 9/10 after tutorial in room 406 (next to leadership room)
On September 10 and 11, those who did not get their pictures taken will have that opportunity. These sessions are not for those who already had their pictures taken but did not like the result. Those pictures can be retaken on Retake Day on October 9.
- Class Colors (Soph—yellow, junior—blue, senior—black)
- Tues—Jersey Day (sports, not the shore)
- Thurs—‘Merica Day—Red, white and blue
Let’s continue to be a greener, more sustainable Tahoma School District!
Welcome back, Bears! THS will be hosting “Bear Days” in preparation for the new school year. “Bear Days” are designed to give students the opportunity to purchase parking passes, ASB cards, yearbooks, pictures and make sure their schedules are correct.
Wed – August 20
9:00AM–3:00PM - Juniors/Seniors
Thur – August 21
9:00–11:00AM – Sophomore Orientation
11:00AM–3:00PM – Bear Days Portion
Sophomore Orientation is Aug. 21 from 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM. This orientation is for students only. Sophomores should report to the gym promptly at 9:00 AM. Parents are welcome to return at 11:00 AM to assist their students with “Bear Days” activities.
The Counseling staff will be on site to assist students who do not have a complete schedule. All requests for schedule changes must be handled at this time and change requests will not be considered if the student received his/her first or alternate choices.
Yearbooks ($60.00) and ASB cards ($40.00) may be combined in one check made payable to “THS” or online through e-funds which can be found on the district webpage under the Quick Links tab. To reduce long lines, we encourage you to pay through the online system however please be sure to print out a receipt of payment and bring it in with you to Bear Days and/or for sports clearance.
Parking passes for JR/SR’s are purchased separately for $40.00. Students must have no fines, a copy of their license, proof of insurance and a parent signature. See online for parking paperwork. Parking passes will be opened up for sophomores to purchase once school starts.
Those unable to attend “Bear Days” will be required to wait until after the first day of school to take care of these obligations. Payments can be made online for class fees, yearbooks, ASB cards, and participation fees – please bring your receipt in to verify payment.
School Pictures. All students are required to have their picture taken whether pictures are purchased or not. Checks should be made payable to “Firefly Images.” Only pictures taken by Firefly will be published in the yearbook. Makeup days for pictures will be September 10 and 11. The Picture Order Form is located here. Please print and fill out 1 copy per student and send it with your payment. Thank you!
Clearance for FALL SPORTS has begun. You must purchase your ASB sticker, have no fines, and up-to-date paperwork to get your pink card. Participation fees are required for football and cross country – the other sports will pay the fee once rosters are set. Practices begin August 25 with the exception of football which begins on August 20.