- Sep 23 – School Board AP Scholar Recognition
- Sept 24 – Cross Country Spirit Spotlight
- Sept 25 – Blood Drive
- Sept 30 – Boys Golf Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 2 – Boys Tennis Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 2-3 – Cinderella Project
- Oct 7 – Girls Golf Spirit Spotlight; Open House, 6-9 pm
- Oct 9 – Photo retake day, senior photo during APP
- Oct 10-12 – Coronation Set Up weekend
- Oct 13 – Coronation Assembly
- Oct 13-17 – Homecoming Spirit Week
- Oct 16 – Homecoming Pep Assembly; Soccer Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 17 – Homecoming Football Game (fireworks at halftime)
- Oct 18 – Homecoming Dance, 8-11pm
Trying to connect to the school wifi? Here are a few tutorials to help you:
See the video of this morning’s news here:
Tahoma High School senior Chris Darcy is helping raise money to buy protective vests for Renton Police K9 officers. With the help of Vested Interest in K9s, Darcy hopes to provide two K9 units with the protection they need.
Each vests costs $950 and comes with a five year warranty. According to Vested Interest in K9s, most dogs require two vests in their career. Darcy’s fundraising goal is $2,000.
Vested Interest in K9s has donated more than 1,100 vests since it started in August 2009.
Darcy, Officer Greenwade of Renton PD, and Kelly Kammeraad of Vested Interest in K9s joined KING 5 Morning News to share more about the fundraising project.
Here’s how you can help Chris Darcy’s effort: Renton Police Department K9 Vest Fundraiser
Learn how you can support your local police department through Vested Interest in K9s
College visits are listed on the Upcoming and Important Information on the front page of the school website as well as on our sidebar Future Ready–>Colleges–>College Visits/ELOs. Be sure to check out these opportunities to learn more about these different colleges right here at THS.
The THS PTA is offering FREE DRESSES for homecoming through the Cinderella Project. We will have over 150 dresses available for Tahoma girls to try on and check out in the Mat Room on Thursday, October 2 during all three lunches and briefly after school and after school on Friday, October 3. We also continue to accept donations of clean formal and semi-formal dresses and accessories at the main office. We have many name brand selections ranging from size 2 – 22 — come check it out before you buy your dress for homecoming. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homecoming is coming up with the dance at the school on Oct18 from 8 to 11 pm. To prevent the flood of ticket purchases at the last minute, we have adopted a staggered payment plan which is set forth below. Guests must be cleared using the guest permission form which must be completed before buying the ticket. (Guest Form.) The last day to turn in completed guest forms is Oct 15. There will be no sales at the door. All fines must be cleared before you buy tickets! Pictures can be taken before the dance from 4-6:30 at the school or at the dance. Reservations are required for the pre-dance photos but not at the dance. (Picture Prices Form.)
- Sep 29-Oct 3: Early Bird Special, $20 per person
- Oct 6-10: Regular Price $25 per person
- Oct 13-15: $30 per person
- Oct 16-17: $35 per person
Looking to get involved in our school community? Check out these school clubs and activities.
Grab a friend and check out some of these first club meetings:
FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) – Thursday, September 11, 7:45 a.m. Room 408.
Gay-Straight Alliance – THS’s GSA is a club providing a safe space for all Bears. – Wednesday, 9/24 2:45-3:45 in P3
Knit and Crochet Club – Knit and Crochet Club is a social group that practices our knitting and crocheting skills- we are always willing to teach new members! Bring supplies if possible. – Thursday, 9/18 2:45-3:45 in P3
Robotics club – Tuesday, 9/30 after school in room 505
- Math Team – Room 210 on Tuesday, Sept 16 from 3 to 4:30
- Auto Club – SkillsUSA – Exciting opportunities await, join the SkillUSA Tahoma Auto Club! – Thursday, September 11th, 2:45 to 4:15
Speech and Debate – First team meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 9th at 3pm, in room 403 (next to the library)
National Honor Society – Tuesday, Oct. 7, 7:45 AM in Lecture Hall
Be The Change Multicultural Club – Tuesday Sept. 16, 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM, Room 108
Ultimate Frisbee Club – Work on skills and play Ultimate! No experience required. Thursday 9/11, 2:45-3:45. We’ll meet on the Covington Community Park field, across the street from THS.
DECA – Friday, September 12 at 7:45am
Interact Club – Service Club associated with Leadership and Rotary for both in-school and community service. – Sept 23/7:45am/Room 407
Key Club: A club with many fun opportunities for community service, everyone welcome! Blue Wednesdays 7:40 in the Lecture Hall, first meeting 9/24.
- Programming Club - Use (or learn) Computer Science skills to create mobile apps, arduino and raspberry pi projects, interactive websites, and more – Wednesday 9/10 after tutorial in room 406 (next to leadership room)
On September 10 and 11, those who did not get their pictures taken will have that opportunity. These sessions are not for those who already had their pictures taken but did not like the result. Those pictures can be retaken on Retake Day on October 9.