- Feb. 25 – Green River Admissions Workshop, Lunch/Tutorial, Career Center
- Feb. 26 – Renton Tech Admissions Workshop, APP, Career Center
- Feb 26 – Leadership Retreat Leader Meeting, 6pm
- Mar 3 – College Credit in the High School Night, 7pm
- Mar 4 – Renton Tech Advising, Lunch/Tutorial, Career Center
- Mar 10 – 9th Grade Parent Night, 7pm
- Mar 11 – CWU Admitted Students Workshop, Tutorial, Lecture Hall
- Mar 11 – Northwest Youth Corps, tutorial, Career Center
- Mar 24 – Band Concert, 7pm
- Mar 31 – Choir Concert, 7pm
- Apr 17 – PTA Senior Art Award – Submissions due
- Apr 18 – PROM, EMP 8pm
Tahoma’s Robotics Team, is ramping up for our initial competition this Friday and Saturday at Auburn Mountainview High School. At this event, Bear Metal will be competing in the 2015 FIRST Robotics challenge, “Recycle Rush” with 31 other teams from Washington and Oregon. Events throughout the Pacific Northwest will continue for the next 5 weeks where 153 teams in Washington and Oregon will compete for 64 openings in the District Championship event at Eastern Washington University. The top teams from the District Championship will advance on to the World Championship in St. Louis. This event is free and open to the public.
A live stream of this weekend’s event can be watched at either of these locations.
(Streaming is scheduled to begin at 11:00 am on Friday)
Event and Match Schedules are linked from the website below. (We are team 2046)
FRC Spyder is a mobile app which tracks team and competition results for each event throughout the season.
Bear Metal’s 2015 Competition Schedule:
- February 26th – 28th: Week 1 District Event – Auburn Mountainview High School
- March 13th – 15th: Week 3 District Event – Mount Vernon High School
- April 1st – 4th: District Championship Event @ Reese Court Eastern Washington University, Cheney
- April 22nd -25th: World Championships @ Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis
To read more about these programs, go here: http://tahomahigh.com/students/academics/academic-programs/
Seven Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) members competed at the Midwest Region Winter Conference February 10, and earned 11 awards.
- Ashley Edliq, 5th place Accounting I
- Ashley Pettit, 2nd place Job Interview; 2nd place Business Communications
- McKinzie Millard, 4th place Introduction to Business
- Ashley Lewis, 5th place Sports and Entertainment Management; 5th place Business Calculations
- Soleia Weisenberger, 1st place Help Desk; 5th place Sports and Entertainment Management (teamed with Lewis)
- Preston Fowler/Amanda Soushek, 2nd place Banking and Financial Systems; 2nd place Hospitality Management; 2nd place Sports and Entertainment Management
Additionally, Washington Business Week ran a “minicamp,” and members competed to produce and market the best original product. The team of Preston Fowler, Amanda Soushek, and McKinzie Millard won first place overall for their “coffee maker in a car” invention.
All members qualified to compete at the State Conference in April, 2015. Way to go FBLA Bears!!!
Congratulations to the THS wrestling team. The boys went undefeated in the SPSL dual meets this season and were crowned dual meet champions for the 7th year in a row. The team also won their 7th SPSL district tournament and qualified 15 wrestlers for the regional tournament next Saturday. The Bears were led by district champions Nick Whitehead 120 lbs, Justin Sipila 126lbs, and Adam Hokenson 195 lbs.
SPSL North Sub-Regional Results for Tahoma
106 – Izzy Murrietta (24-11) placed 3rd and scored 18.00 team points.
106 – Justin Hoyle (21-10) placed 4th and scored 16.00 team points.
113 – Noah Miller (6-10) place is unknown and scored 0.00 team points.
113 – Joe Novak (16-5) placed 3rd and scored 21.00 team points.
120 – Brannon Waler (19-11) placed 3rd and scored 18.00 team point
120 – Nick Whitehead (22-1) placed 1st and scored 26.00 team points.
126 – Dylan Weiding (21-9) placed 3rd and scored 22.50 team points.
126 – Justin Sipila (26-5) placed 1st and scored 30.00 team points.
132 – Colton Jackson (23-15) placed 4th and scored 18.00 team points.
132 – Payton Masterson (22-5) placed 5th and scored 16.50 team points.
138 – Jake McVicker (15-9) place is unknown and scored 3.00 team points.
138 – Ryden Fu (25-13) placed 2nd and scored 26.00 team points.
145 – Kameron Kuhn (13-9) place is unknown and scored 4.00 team points.
145 – Tristan Wilmus (18-12) placed 6th and scored 10.00 team points.
152 – Sean Hanson (30-11) placed 3rd and scored 20.50 team points.
152 – Jake Bir (16-12) place is unknown and scored 0.00 team points.
160 – Steven Reive (11-13) place is unknown and scored 3.00 team points.
170 – Dagen Kramer (22-10) placed 3rd and scored 18.00 team points.
170 – Nathan Douglas (7-10) place is unknown and scored 3.00 team points.
182 – Alex Habenicht (7-8) place is unknown and scored 2.00 team points.
182 – Colton Douglas (7-9) place is unknown and scored 2.00 team points.
195 – Adam Hokenson (21-7) placed 1st and scored 26.00 team points.
195 – Michael Clausen (10-9) placed 6th and scored 7.00 team points.
220 – Nick Palandri (19-8) placed 3rd and scored 18.00 team points.
220 – Nic Carbone (14-9) placed 6th and scored 7.00 team points.
285 – Kingston Suka (25-12) placed 2nd and scored 22.00 team points.
285 – Chase Mulcahy (2-3) placed 6th and scored 11.00 team points.
This past Saturday our Tahoma band members competed in the Green River Regional Senior Solo and Ensemble Competition. This event is open to all band students in the Kent, Auburn, Tahoma, Enumclaw and White River School Districts in grades 9-12. A number of our Tahoma students achieved great success!!!!
- Dylan Cummins (10th) Bassoon 2nd place
- Cameron Plett (9th) French Horn 1st place
- Nicolas Merle (11th) Tuba 3rd place
- Samuel Paige (12th) Tuba 1st place
- Graeme Pennington (12th) Mallets 2nd place
- Carson Blinn (12th) Snare 2nd place
- Graeme Pennington (12th) Snare 3rd place
- Michael Hogg/Marius Falconeer (9th) Small Brass Ens. 3rd place
- Carson Blinn/John Gregory (12th) Small Percussion Ens. 1st Place
- Percussion Ensemble 1 Large Percussion Ens. 1st Place
Graeme Pennington, Brett Babbel, James Chadek, Carson Blinn, Kylie Wilder, Sarah Daniels and Aaron Sturgill
The winners in each category are guaranteed a spot in the WIAA State Solo and Ensemble Competition held on the last Friday/Saturday of April. The event will be held at Central Washington University!
THS Senior, Emily Mozzone, won the International Compost Awareness Week poster competition.