- June 17 – Last Day of School
- Summer Office Hours: June–7:30 to 2:00; July–closed; Aug–7:30 to 2:30
- Aug 5 – Sports Clearance begins. Football starts Aug 19. All other fall sports begin Aug 25.
- Aug 16 – 5-8pm. Bear Crew meeting and BBQ.
- Aug 18 – 9:00 to 3:00. Junior/Senior Bear Days. Parking passes, buy yearbooks, get pictures and ASB cards, see counselors, etc.
- Aug 21 – Sophomore Orientation, 9-11 (No parents). Sophomore Bear Days, 11:00 to 3:00, parents welcome. We highly recommend going to lunch after the orientation and coming back later to avoid lines.
KING 5 is awarding a Male and Female High School Athlete of the Year, and Mia Corbin has been nominated. We have seven female nominees, but we’re leaving the final decision up to votes from our viewers. Students, faculty, and community members can see a description of Mia’s accomplishments and vote for her here: http://usatodayhss.com/2015/vote-female-athlete-of-the-year. The voting is open until Tuesday, June 16 when we will announce the winners.
LAST DAY BELL SCHEDULE
Wednesday, June 17th
1 8:15-8:40 (25) 4 9:45-10:10 (25)
2 8:45-9:10 (25) 5 10:15-10:40 (25)
3 9:15-9:40 (25) 6 10:45-11:15 (30)
Yearbooks will be back on sale and available for pickup on Friday during Spring Fling in the 500 wing. To pick up your book during this time, please bring a can of food or dollar donation for the Maple Valley Food Bank
Didn’t preorder? Books will be on sale starting on Friday for $65 at the cashier’s office. Bring a receipt and a can of food or $1 to pick up your book during Spring Fling.
Books will be distributed during ALL gold day lunches starting on June 9th in the 500 wing.
This season the team combine to break 11 school records. Both teams were league and district champions and finished the State Meet with the girls 5th and the boys 10th.
State placers are as follows:
- State Champion in Shot Put (school record 42’ 5.5”)
- 2nd in the 100m
- 2nd in the 200m
- 7th in the Long Jump
- 3rd in 3200m (school record 10:40.80)
- 4th in 1600m (school record 4:59.51)
- 8th in Javelin
- 3rd in Shot Put
- 8th in Discus
- 8th in 800m
- 8th in 1600m
- 8th in 110m High Hurdles
- 5th in Long Jump
Jordan White, Graeme Schroder, Jacob Contreras, Austin Brown
- 3rd in 4x400m (school record 3:22.11)
Congratulations to our Tahoma Fastpitch team for winning the State Championships!