- Apr 21 – AP Exam Pre-Administration, Last Names Ho-Mc, Lecture Hall, APP
- Apr 22 – AP Exam Pre-Administration, Last Names, Me-R, Lecture Hall, APP
- Apr 22 – District Band Concert @ THS, 7pm
- Apr 23 – Senior Art Award deadline
- Apr 24 – AP Exam Pre-Administration, Last Names, S-Z, Lecture Hall, APP
- May 1 – Talent Show, 7pm
- May 17 – Prom, 8-11pm, Pacific Science Center
America’s Most Challenging High Schools ranks schools through an index formula that’s a simple ratio: the number of Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and Advanced International Certificate of Education tests given at a school each year, divided by the number of seniors who graduated that year. A ratio of 1.000 means the school had as many tests as graduates.
Out of 321 WA schools, THS ranks 13.
Looking for information about summer school? Find information, times, cost, and registration here.
Tahoma High School has earned the Washington Achievement Award for High Progress. This award represents the state’s highest honor for schools. The High Progress award recognizes schools making the most progress in student performance in reading and math over three years. These schools represent the TOP 10% of all schools in the state!
You can read more about these awards here. We are proud of the efforts of our students and staff to continue striving toward excellence.
AP Exams are just around the corner. Be sure to check out this letter to students and parents with dates/locations and the Do’s and Don’t’s of exam time!
AP Human Geography Review Sessions:
- Monday 4/28: 5:30-7:30pm, Tahoma Junior High room 405
- Tuesday 5/6: 5:30-7:30pm, Tahoma Junior High room 405
- Saturday 5/10: 8-11am, Practice Test, Tahoma Junior High Library
Application for the Community Scholarship program are due this week!
Please make sure to turn in your letters of recommendations and personal trait forms in an envelope attn: Kim Walley to the front office by Wednesday, April 16th by 3:00 p.m. Incomplete applications will not be accepted after the due date.
Cedar Grove Composting is offering a Tahoma High School senior a $2500 scholarship towards the cost of their college education and the opportunity to be interviewed for a summer internship at Cedar Grove in the summer of 2014 and every summer therafter while in college.
See the link below for information on the criteria and the application.
Deadline has been extended to April 25th! APPLY NOW!