- Sept 30 – Boys Golf Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 2 – Boys Tennis Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 2-3 – Cinderella Project
- Oct. 6 – Washington State Univ. 10-10:40 am in Career Center
- Oct 7 – Girls Golf Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 7 – Open House/Curriculum Night, 6-9 pm
- Oct 9 – Photo retake day, senior photo during APP
- Oct 9 – Central Washington Univ. 10-10:40 am in Career Center
- Oct 10-12 – Coronation Set Up weekend
- Oct 13 – Coronation Assembly
- Oct 13-17 – Homecoming Spirit Week
- Oct 14 – Corban University at 10-10:40 am in Career Center
- Oct 15 – Portland State Univ. 10-10:40 am in Career Center
- Oct 16 – Homecoming Pep Assembly; Soccer Spirit Spotlight
- Oct 17 – Homecoming Football Game (fireworks at halftime)
- Oct 18 – Homecoming Dance, 8-11pm
When : beginning Monday September 29 until Wednesday October 15 with winning APP class being announced at the game during halftime on the 18th.
Why: Socks will be donated to PSKS a homeless youth shelter in downtown Seattle. Huge need for socks especially during cold months. Here is their link: http://www.psks.org/
The Healthy Youth survey includes questions related to physical activity and diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, risk and protective factors, and access to school-based services. Survey results are used by schools, communities and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth and reduce their risks.
The Healthy Youth Survey is given to students in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 across Washington State.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and the students’ answers are anonymous.
Please read the Parent and Student Notification flyer for more information about the Healthy Youth Survey.
Trying to connect to the school wifi? Here are a few tutorials to help you:
See the video of this morning’s news here:
Tahoma High School senior Chris Darcy is helping raise money to buy protective vests for Renton Police K9 officers. With the help of Vested Interest in K9s, Darcy hopes to provide two K9 units with the protection they need.
Each vests costs $950 and comes with a five year warranty. According to Vested Interest in K9s, most dogs require two vests in their career. Darcy’s fundraising goal is $2,000.
Vested Interest in K9s has donated more than 1,100 vests since it started in August 2009.
Darcy, Officer Greenwade of Renton PD, and Kelly Kammeraad of Vested Interest in K9s joined KING 5 Morning News to share more about the fundraising project.
Here’s how you can help Chris Darcy’s effort: Renton Police Department K9 Vest Fundraiser
Learn how you can support your local police department through Vested Interest in K9s
College visits are listed on the Upcoming and Important Information on the front page of the school website as well as on our sidebar Future Ready–>Colleges–>College Visits/ELOs. Be sure to check out these opportunities to learn more about these different colleges right here at THS.
The THS PTA is offering FREE DRESSES for homecoming through the Cinderella Project. We will have over 150 dresses available for Tahoma girls to try on and check out in the Mat Room on Thursday, October 2 during all three lunches and briefly after school and after school on Friday, October 3. We also continue to accept donations of clean formal and semi-formal dresses and accessories at the main office. We have many name brand selections ranging from size 2 – 22 — come check it out before you buy your dress for homecoming. For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.