Tahoma High School State Testing
Tahoma students are required to participate in Washington State’s Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) in both English Language Arts (ELA) and Math.
ELA testing took place in students’ 10th grade English 10 classes during the week of March 27-30. Makeup testing is taking place this week.
Math testing will take place on the morning of April 27th (8:15-11:45)
- Sophomores: All will be taking a Smarter Balanced Assessment
- Juniors who have not previously passed the SBA are required to take the SBA
- Juniors who have previously passed the SBA will not be testing; they will have the opportunity to choose from a menu of meaningful Future Ready/Career and College lessons.
- Seniors who have not previously passed the SBA are required to take the SBA
- Seniors who have previously passed state math assessment will have late arrival (beginning at 12:15). This late arrival allows seniors the opportunity to prepare for their oral boards or meet with their AGGI teachers.
Attendance for Sophomores and Juniors is required both in the morning and afternoon. An abbreviated class schedule will begin at 12:15pm.
Attendance for Seniors is not required in the morning, but is required in the afternoon. An abbreviated class schedule will begin at 12:15pm.
Running Start & SBA Math
All Tahoma High School students are required to participate in Washington State’s Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA); this includes our Running Start students.
We recognize the challenge that Running Start students face in trying to balance their Running Start classes with Tahoma High School’s testing schedule. Therefore, we have selected a separate testing day specifically for our Running Start students. On April 21, GRCC has no scheduled classes, and this makes the 21st and ideal day for our Running Start students to participate in State Testing. Those students will receive further notification if it necessary for them to test on this day.
If you have questions, please contact Martin Barber (email@example.com)