Bear Metal compete this weekend
Tahoma’s Robotics Team, is ramping up for their initial competition today and tomorrow at Auburn Mountainview High School. At this event, Bear Metal will be competing in the 2014 FIRST Robotics challenge, “Aerial Assist” with 31 other teams from Washington and Oregon. Events throughout the Pacific Northwest will continue for the next 6 weeks where 153 teams in Washington and Oregon will compete for 64 openings in the District Championship event in Portland. The top teams from the District Championship will advance on to the World Championship in St. Louis.
- A live stream of this weekend’s event can be seen here. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/firstwa-blue (streaming is scheduled to begin at 11:00 am)
- Match schedule and standings can be found at the bottom of this page. (We are team #2046)http://www2.usfirst.org/2014comp/Events/WAAMV/matchresults.html
- We will also be posting several blog entries on their website at www.tahomarobotics.org throughout the weekend.
- FRC Spyder is a free mobile app which tracks team and competition results for each event throughout the season. Again our team is #2046.
Bear Metal’s 2014 Competition Schedule:
1. Auburn Mountainview District Event: 2/28-3/1 @ Auburn Mountainview High School
2. Mount Vernon District Event: 3/14-3/15 @ Mount Vernon High School
3. Auburn District Event: 3/28-3/29 @ Auburn High School
4. Pacific Northwest District Championship: 4/10-4/12 @ Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland
5. World Championship: 4/24-4/26 @ Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis